Sometimes I just see something so hilariously delightful that I can’t wait to share it. And this is hilariously delightful.
I love looking at house listings. On Realtor.com, Zillow, Hooked on Houses or Curbed…it doesn’t matter as long as I can get my fix. I admit it: I’m a looky loo. Whether it’s good or it’s bad, I just can’t get enough of taking a peek in other people’s homes. (Neighbors: Be warned. If your house goes on the market, I will go to your open house.) So, when Curbed shared In Pictures: The Year’s 13 Most Gloriously Hideous Listings, I was in. Here are some of my favorite moments from their slideshows:
1.Um, that’s a lot of chintz. And a lot of forest green carpeting.
2. In the words of Depeche Mode: “Your Own Personal Jesus”… over the mantle?
3. In more over-the-mantel weirdness, I’m digging the shiny red coffee table but the lion pouncing out from the above the fireplace? Not so much.
4.Where animals come to die…and live in a basement with florescent lighting. (The person who is responsible for this room should be stuffed and mounted in it.)
5. A room like this is why I’m terrified of draperies.
6. Those chairs. No. Just…no.
7. I’m not gonna lie: I know a couple people who would like to have this room in their home. I’m married to one of them.
8. Is this Daddy Warbucks’ house? Yikes. It’s like a bad wedding venue. Except that it’s a house.
9. I have a great idea: Let’s put the weapons over the urinals!
10. I’m sure there was a time when this was really cool. Now is not that time.
Hope you liked my (least) favorite rooms. To see them all, click here.
Sue at Home
All photos via Curbed.